Building voice menus and IVRs isn’t much more complicated then building a basic callflow but there are a few tricks you should know. We’ll go through building a basic main menu for a support department where call are routed to Flemish-speaking people (1) or to French speaking people (2) depending on the choice of the caller (1 or 2).
- Create a call flow called “Support” and assign a public number.
- Drag the Menu element from Actions box, on the right, to the Callflow.
- Click on Add a new menu.
- Fill out the Name and chose the Greeting Message from your media library.Typically the message will be something like “Welcome to the Support Department. Voor Nederlands druk 1, pour le Français taper 2”.
- Click the Save button.
- Drag the Ring Group element over the Menu you just created.
- Choose the Menu option from the drop down box. In this case, we select 1 for Nederlands
- Click OK
- Choose a Group from the drop down box that you would like callers to be connected to.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 until your Menu options are complete.
- Your Menu is now complete! Just one more step, you need to record the Menu Greeting Message (see point 4 above)